Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blueberry Pancake Soap

I got some lovely peacock mica in the sample pigment package I got, and I thought it would go nicely with the Blueberry Pancake Fragrance Oil I have.  I added in some French White clay to make the soap more luxurious.

0419161719

As you can see, micas don’t work super well in cold process soaps, like they do in melt and pour clear soap base.  Mica has shimmers in it that work best in the transparent bases, but cold process soap is opaque and naturally ivory colored.  Oxides actually work better for coloring cold process soaps.  The sample package I got had bits of both micas and oxides so I thought I’d play.

0419161720

As you can see, the color lightened up considerably and has a slight blue-green tint to it, as a result of the natural ivory color.

0420162124

Still, it’s actually pretty close to what I was expecting, and I rather like the color.  Next time I use this color though, I think I’ll go with a more watery type of scent, like rain or ocean or something like that, and I plan on getting some more colors also, including some blues that might work better with Blueberry Pancake fragrance.

0420162125


Filed under: Soap Tagged: Soap, Soaping

No comments:

Post a Comment