Sunday, June 7, 2015

Whipped Tallow Balm

I’ve been making tallow balm for a while now, and loving how it heals and softens my skin.  I formulated a blend that included some coconut oil and a few other things.  Once it cooled, it hardened to a fairly solid consistency.  Normally, I just sort of scoop it out with the back of my thumb nail.  One person loved it, said it felt like paste and stuck to her skin.  She had very dry skin and wanted something that felt like it was really going to sink in. 

Lately though, I’ve gotten into experimenting with whipping my oils once they’re cooled, and I had the bright idea to try whipping my tallow blend.  I re-heated it and melted it down again and let it harden in the refrigerator.  After it was done chilling, I whipped it and added some more essential oils to boost the fragrance a little more. 

It turned out so light and creamy!  Like a soft butter.  It absorbed in really fast and my skin where I used it is super soft.  I think this process is a keeper, especially for the tallow blend. 

Before whipping

0607152309

After whipping

0607151944


Filed under: Body Balm Tagged: Body Balm, Tallow Balm

No comments:

Post a Comment