Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Shampoo Bars

Here’s the soap I had in the ice cream carton.  It turned out okay.  The sides of the carton released pretty easily, but the bottom stuck really bad, so if I’m going to use something like that again, I’ll have to line the bottom at least with freezer paper.  I let them set for a day and a half, then put it in the freezer for about 30 min to help it release better.

These will be shampoo bars – I really want to start doing that instead of buying the bottled stuff.  I don’t need them to be pretty or anything in this test batch so I wasn’t concerned with aesthetics.  I picked oils especially good for hair – like walnut and avocado, with lavender essential oil for fragrance.  When these bars are done curing in about a month, I’ll use the recipe I found on Mommypotamous to detox my hair first, as we live in a really hard water area.  I’ll keep you posted on how it all turns out. 

0721151156


Filed under: Shampoo Tagged: Shampoo Bars, Soap

No comments:

Post a Comment